Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Paper Idea

I mentioned the first day of class I loved Thank You For Smoking (movie.) I was excited we had the chance to read the book as well, and after already gotten a head start on the book, I want to do a compare/contrast paper on the movie and novel.

I think the bases of the paper would include topics such as comparing the effectiveness of each satirical voice of each work, how the dark comedy works in both works, and discussing the differences of the two in regards to both dark comedy and satire (how one is better than the other in one area, or perhaps both movie and book work.)
Basically a compare/contrast of satire and dark comedy discussing both book and film.


I was tossing around some other ideas for the paper, but the discussion Monday really helped me make my decision (as well as relieve me a bit in regards to sources.) I realize it's a bit typical, but it is hands down the most workable of any other idea I've toyed with.

No comments: